Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Learning to think magically again

When I joined the order, I didn't know what to expect exactly.

What I did know was that I was in need of life changes, improvements and peace.

I had been reintroduced to magical thinking. In a very real sense. Not a Harry Potter brand of magic, but the type of magic where my subconscious can manifest very real physical outcomes in my life.

The Builders Of The Adytum is an order that caught my eye. I joined. I performed the initiation. It was a ritual meant to be performed alone, in order to set apart the mind towards the path and become a traveler in the journey of life towards an end goal of becoming more enlightened into the concepts of mysticism and occult understanding.

It was perhaps one of the most important steps into my occult education and my spiritual progress.

One of the first lessons taught me by the order was perhaps one of the most life changing. And the magic worked.

What I can discuss is the concepts of the practice, however the specific end goal I will reserve to myself for the moment.

I was in a situation that was miserable day to day in my life. It was causing very real stress, physical pain and depression.

On the outset, anyone might look at my situation at the time and think that the factors causing my misery should be addressed to create a solution.

And perhaps that might have worked. Perhaps not.  And in the moment, I did not feel that there was anything I could do outwardly to change those circumstances. I honestly felt trapped. Clawing at the walls of the pit trying to get to the surface in a hopeless effort because there was no way to achieve that in the traditional ways.

Lesson one in the BOTA curriculum solved that. Not instantly. It requires work. In my case it required months of work.

The magic practice I did was simple. Concise. And very precise.

I set down an intention. A very specific one. Dealing with my problem. What could be done? I can't change others, but I could start with myself. I focused, wrote down the intentions of what I was to become. The things that I needed to manifest in my self. To become that version of my self that I needed to become. A version of self that did not suffer from these problems.

I was faithful and consistent. I did the work. I did the magic.

And then fell apart.

Completely.

And that was exactly the solution to the problem.

Everything felt lost in the moment and I felt like a failure. My magic failed. I failed. Only it didn't.

It was only the baptism by fire. A necessary step in the process to rebuild.

And the recovery was not only worth it, it was fast. The suffering was necessary to be that Phoenix out of the ashes.

The reward was completely magical. And it was real. Physically real. Without knowing the work and the process I went through, one might chalk it up to good fortune. But I know that the subconscious is a tool. It has power. It can heal, it can grow, it can create.

We are not physical beings having spiritual experiences. We are spiritual beings having a physical experience .

On to the next goal

No comments:

Post a Comment