Thursday, January 12, 2017

Mastering One System First

Mastering one system of mystery may be the key to open others. Eventually all systems share common origins and beliefs.

This is not a totally new concept to me but it has been made clearer in the recent weeks.

There are positives to most belief systems that cannot be denied. Even certain religions that are often demonized in the public eye hold truths that are of value once you look past the surface.

For many, if not most, we have a cultural tie to one religion system or another. On the outset there are some positives, like living honestly and with righteousness intent. Below that there may be negatives associated with the religion because of the dogma that it carries: brainwashing tactics, misuse of monies donated in the form of tithes and even a judgmental climate among the membership.

The damage that is done by organized religion is felt across the planet and it won't stop any time soon. This may be because the real understanding of what spirituality is and what these faith systems promote beneath the surface is not understood by the masses.

For me it is starting to become clearer.  Once I was so disenchanted with the idea of religion that I felt I had no choice but atheism and scientism. Man was in charge of his own outcomes and his own destiny. And maybe there was nothing else beyond this mortal life.

I suppose that way of thinking would not have lasted much longer even if I were not as curious as I am naturally. I know there is always more beneath the surface and I never stopped looking.

I always noticed the many shared ideas and concepts in many religions. That posed questions that were never answered satisfactorily. Why are those ideas so similar? Where did they originate? And does anyone hold the truth in full?

Here is where it becomes important to go back to the system that you are most familiar with, and master it, before dabbling and trying other things: you will have a background and a foundation to stand on to propel you further so that when you do look to study the other systems you will be at an intermediate level as opposed to a beginner.

I am not saying to go back to dogma. And I am not saying to go back to fundamentalism in your belief. And I am not saying to ever discount what another faith system is promotion or to take the viewpoint that it is evil or misguided.

Perhaps the best way to describe it is that each system is a unique language for talking with god.

Each has its own magick and power that can be mastered. Each has its mysteries that can be understood.

So before abandoning one way of looking at things to begin on another brand new path, take a step back to explore the esoteric ideas that you missed the first time.

I don't mean for this to sound at all like a lecture because in reality this is only a lesson for myself to learn, but by sharing it I might help another who is in a similar situation.

There is real magick in the faith as has been manifest in so many examples. Amazing examples that cannot be explained by science or conventional logic. And it is not exclusive to one faith system. It is available to all of us.

For my journey it is coming together now that I have gone back to accepting that there must be more. I cannot accept that there is nothing beyond this world.

For my part, I intend to master one system, while keeping my eyes and heart open to the mysteries all around us.

If religion is only a language for talking with god, then we might better understand what god is and what true religion is. Religion free from dogma.

When a man prays for a thing and the thing comes true, the magick worked. It's not that his faith is more true or correct, it is that he mastered the system that he knows. Another man might meditate and focus on a thing and again that will work. Because he has mastered his own system.

So if you already have a system, search for the esoteric and occult knowledge that exists there.

I believe that it will all come back to a point. There is a universal truth, and the magick is real.

The journey has to begin with a simple, single step. So by beginning with the familiar we can explore the yet unknown.




No comments:

Post a Comment