Thursday, December 29, 2016

Trolls and The Occult

I just watched a pretty enjoyable movie by Dreamworks. Trolls is actually a fun flick, with plenty of humor for adults to appreciate while the kids will be fascinated by the visuals, music and story line.

Now on to something a little darker.

Of course we know that Hollywood and those that control the media are pretty fond of encoding themes inside popular films and music. Children's movies are no exception. So when I watched this I had my eyes open for clues to any messages that might pop out to me.

First off, and almost without delay, the Pizzagate scandal popped into my head. The first scene is of the Bergens, a elite race of creatures who get joy from eating trolls. They do so in a ritual once a year that they have named Trolstice. Of course this is an easy one. It is almost blaring in the theme.

But why would such a dark theme be part of a childrens story? Granted, the movie ends well, and honestly, they do their best to make the film positive overall, even with the dark theme throughout.

But ritual eating of smaller creatures, the trolls, by the larger troll-like Bergens is so on par with the child abuse that we hear about from people like David Icke.

Going through some of the threads and blogs on what these ritualistic practices entail, it is hard to argue that this theme in the movie is meant to represent anything else.

This won't stop me from watching films like this, but having the knowledge in my back pocket when I watch is a helpful tool to really get what message is being pushed our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment